Campus Security urges everyone at PAFA to take an active role in ensuring personal safety and the protection of property by following four simple steps: LOCK, OBSERVE, CAUTION, CALL.
1. LOCK – limit the opportunity for property crimes
- Keep studio doors locked whenever you’re out.
- Don’t open locked elevator lobby doors for strangers or unauthorized people.
- Keep track of keys to your studios.
- Use locks on lockers.
- Do not leave valuables in your studio in plain view.
2. OBSERVE – be aware of your surroundings
- Keep track of personal belongings and don’t leave them unattended, even for a short time.
- Take note of any suspicious activity or persons in your vicinity.
3. CAUTION – don’t put yourself in danger
- Avoid situations that put you at greater risk (such as walking alone after dark or in high crime areas).
- Don’t physically engage a suspect. Stay at a safe distance, note suspect’s description, and seek help as soon as possible.
4. CALL – immediately report a crime (or suspicious activity) to Campus Security
- Campus Security is on patrol, radio-dispatched 24/7, and can respond to emergencies on very quickly.
- If you are near a Emergency Call Box in the Samuel M.V. Hamilton Building, use the phone there. It will connect you directly to the Security Dispatcher.
- Program this number into the speed dial on your cell phone: PAFA Security: 215-972-2083